Utility and Billing Department

Contact Information

Walsenburg Utility Department
525 S. Albert Avenue
Walsenburg, CO 81089


Open Monday through Thursday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Friday 9:00 am to 4:30 pm



Deborah Barnes
Stephanie Barr

Available Services

The City of Walsenburg operates both a Water/Sewer Enterprise and a Natural Gas Enterprise to provide services to customers inside the City limits and in some instances outside the City limits.

Utility Bill Payments

How to Pay your Utility Bill

You may pay your bill online through www.xpressbillpay.com

You may pay your bill by mail. Make checks and money orders payable to City of Walsenburg

You may pay your bill in person at City Hall during regular business hours.

If you need to make a payment after hours there is a drop box alongside the alley to the right of the building.

Billing Schedule

Bills are mailed by the last business day of the month prior to the month in which they are due. If you do not receive your bill by the 15th of the month please call to find out how much it is.Even if you do not get your bill you are still responsible to pay it.

Bills are always due the 23rd of the monthunless the 23rd falls on a weekend or holiday, in this case it is due the following business day. If you have any questions, your bill does not look right, or you can\'t pay it on time, call us at 719-738-1240.

Late Fees

A Late Fee of $5.00 plus 1.5% of the past due balance will be assessed on all bills which are past due. Penalties may be waived depending on the history of the account. However, they are looked at on a case-by-case basis. Penalties can only be removed once a year.


Shut offs for Non-payment

If you have a Past Due Balance on your new bill it will be printed in BOLD RED. This amount MUST be paid in full before they Shut Off Date as shown on your bill or do your utility services will be disconnected any $25.00 connection fee will be billed to your Gas or Water account. The connection fee is charge to the account even if the physical disconnection shut off has not occurred. This is to cover the additional administrative costs to process shut off accounts (see Resolution 2011 R-26)

Financial Hardship Payment Arrangements

If you are experiencing financial hardship, arrangements for extended payment terms can be made by contacting the Utility Clerk and entering into a Payment Plan Agreement.You should arrange this as soon as possible so the account does not incur penalties.

When an agreement has been reached, the monthly payments must be paid on time. In addition to the monthly payments, when the new bill is sent out it MUST be paid in full. If the agreement is broken, the entire amount will be due immediately.

All Payment Plan Agreements MUST be approved by the City Administrator.

Payment Plan Agreement Form


New Customer Service

All customers must complete an Application for Utility Services. The same application is used for Water, Sewer, and Natural Gas. To change change representatives on an account you must complete a Utility Account Authorization Form

Water Haul

Information regarding hauled water is available on the Walsenburg Water Haul page